Knowledge is potential power. Ideas are the currency of change. Successful entrepreneurs never stop learning. A start up business and small to mid-sized growth company can both, and often times do, suffer from common barriers to growth – misguided thoughts and a lack of information.
Thought and information deficiencies can and will ultimately lead to inaction. So, how can a busy entrepreneur with a demanding schedule take business to the next level personally and professionally? Start to leverage and acquire knowledge – immediately.
The best way to reset your entrepreneurial GPS is simple – start reading. If you’re anything like me – continually on the go with a selective attention span, audio books are the answer to your reading dilemma. Listening to audiobooks throughout the day is a great way to increase focus, maximize productivity, multitask and gather new ideas. Develop a reading plan and keep a pad and pen nearby [i.e. 4 books each month or 1 book per week]. Commit to jotting down key points that catch your interest and implement, at least, one new concept you’ve learned per month.
I have personally listened to or read the following 7 books and they are excellent for startups and growth companies. These entrepreneurial gems touch on everything from mindset and productivity to emerging trends and social media. Once you’ve downloaded one or all of these books, develop a reading plan and get ready to grow.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill Preview/Purchase
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss Preview/Purchase
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz Preview/Purchase
- Crush It!: Why NOW is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk Preview/Purchase
- The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything by Guy Kawasaki Preview/Purchase
- Crowdsourcing: The Coming Big Bang of Business and How It Will Change Your World by Jeff Howe Preview/Purchase
- Twitter Power 2.0: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time by Joel Comm Preview/Purchase
© YFS Magazine. All Rights Reserved. Copying prohibited. All material is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this material is prohibited. Sharing of this material under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International terms, listed here, is permitted.