Take a look at 100 core values of 15 high-performance companies, across various industries, that aim to deliver more than profit with a values-based business approach.
What sets your small business apart from the crowd?
The best companies deliver on core values that impact their company culture, brand identity and overall business strategies–making them quite unique. So we took an inside look at the core values of highly-engaged and successful companies to learn what makes them tick, what they believe and how they do business.
Here are 100 core values of 15 high-performance companies, across various industries, that aim to deliver more than profit with a values-based business approach:
1. Deliver WOW Through Service
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More With Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be Humble
11. Give Sustainably. Give Responsibly.
12. Giving Partnerships
13. Identify Communities That Need Shoes
14. Give Shoes That Fit
15. Help Our Shoes Have a Bigger Impact
16. Give Children Shoes As They Grow
17. Welcome Feedback and Help Us Improve
18. Selling the highest quality natural and organic products available
19. Satisfying and delighting our customers
20. Supporting team member excellence and happiness
21. Creating wealth through profits and growth
22. Caring about our communities and our environment
23. Creating ongoing win-win partnerships with our suppliers
24. Promoting the health of our stakeholders through healthy eating education
26. The Best People
27. Client Value Creation
28. One Global Network
29. Respect for the Individual
Teach For America
31. Transformational Change
35. Respect and Humility
36. Fanatical Support in all we do.
37. Results first, substance over flash.
38. Committed to Greatness
39. Full Disclosure and Transparency
40. Passion for our Work
41. Treat fellow Rackers like Friends and Family
42. Foster Respect and Cooperation.
43. Listen to What People Say About Us. Invite Feedback.
44. Learn. Educate. Innovate.
45. Don’t Take Ourselves Too Seriously; Have Fun.
46. Create Remarkable Experiences.
Barnes & Noble Booksellers
47. Customer Service
54. Focus on the user and all else will follow.
55. It’s best to do one thing really, really well.
56. Fast is better than slow.
57. Democracy on the web works.
58. You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer.
59. You can make money without doing evil.
60. There’s always more information out there.
61. The need for information crosses all borders.
62. You can be serious without a suit.
63. Great just isn’t good enough.
64. Customer Commitment
68. Respect for People
69. Good Citizenship
70. A Will to Win
71. Personal Accountability
Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
72. Supporting Sustainability
73. Building Communities
74. Advancing Cancer Research
75. Customer focus
80. Associate development
84. Continuous improvement
85. People: Help employees find meaningful ways to volunteer and get engaged in their local communities.
86. Technology: Donate and discount products to help nonprofits increase their effectiveness.
87. Resources: Make grants with a focus on: employee inspired giving including team volunteering activities and matching gifts.
Boston Consulting Group
89. Respect for the Individual
91. Clients Come First
92. The Strategic Perspective
93. Value Delivered
95. Expanding the Art of the Possible
96. Social Impact
97. Always raising our level of awareness.
98. The inches we need are everywhere around us.
99. Responding with a sense of urgency is the ante to play.
100. Every Client. Every Time. No Exceptions. No Excuses.
101. Read more of their core values here.
If you’re ready to develop new core values for your small business, or give your existing ones a fresh new look, try Tribal Leadership author Dave Logan’s “Mountains and Valleys” Core Values exercise to define your personal core values and use them as a guide to develop your company culture.
© YFS Magazine. All Rights Reserved. Copying prohibited. All material is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this material is prohibited. Sharing of this material under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International terms, listed here, is permitted.