We’d have to agree with The Verge when they say, “What a year you were, 2013.”
From “Edward Snowden’s NSA leaks turned up the heat on a cauldron of privacy concerns that’s sure to boil over in the next year. Drones expanded from killing machines to potential package-delivery robots. The US government shut itself down and revealed a disheartening lack of technical competence with the Healthcare.gov launch debacle. Microsoft started down a path of completely reinventing itself by looking for a new CEO and trying to buy Nokia. From outlandish promises to dissembling politicians, the Hyperloop dreams were almost as big as the spying nightmares. It’s all a lot to remember …”
But let’s not forget the importance of getting back to business and escaping from “business as usual”. From the startup and small business know-how that mattered, without the stuff that didn’t, don’t miss these essential tips, tools and insights for the most successful entrepreneurs in the world.
Here’s an inside look at YFS Magazine’s top stories published in 2013.
- 10 Creative Tips to Attract New Customers
- Company Culture: An Inside Look at 100 Core Values from 15 Winning Companies
- 20 Reasons Why Entrepreneurship is Awesome
- Key Performance Indicators: 9 Business Metrics Every Startup Should Watch
- 35 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Business
- Instagram Marketing: 10 Entrepreneurs Share How to Promote Your Business Using Instagram
- Big Rich Atlanta Business: She Blames Me Founders Talk Startups, Family Business …
- 10 Smart Financial Apps to Solve Small Business Accounting Challenges
- The Nation’s 10 Best Startup Accelerators for Entrepreneurs
- 8 Must-Have Mobile Apps For Small Business Owners
- 8 Simple Ways to Become a Confident Public Speaker
- Three Common Challenges Entrepreneurs Face (and How to Overcome Them)
- 4 Online Tools to Increase Employee Productivity
- The Nation’s 15 Best Coworking Spaces for Entrepreneurs
- Top 10 Business Benefits of Social Media
- Jet Set Entrepreneurs: 5 Cool Travel Startups to Watch
- Color Psychology: 6 Tips for Choosing Your Website Color Scheme
- Is Your Small Business Guilty of These 7 Deadly Sales Sins?
- Interview: Shahs of Sunset, Lilly Ghalichi on Starting a Swimwear Company and Overcoming Fear
- 10 Daily Habits of Successful Entrepreneurs
What was your favorite YFS Magazine story of 2013? Let us know in the comments section below.
© YFS Magazine. All Rights Reserved. Copying prohibited. All material is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this material is prohibited. Sharing of this material under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International terms, listed here, is permitted.