1. Skype: A voice-over-Internet Protocol service and software application that lets you make free and low cost internet calls. It’s a great communication tool for free audio, video, conferencing and screen sharing.
2. Dropbox: A free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Because files reside in the cloud, you save PC storage space and avoid multiple versions of the same document.
3. Jing: A screenshot and screencast tool that captures anything you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly.
4. Desk: An online social help desk platform that integrates social networks with email, phone and web on a single desktop agent.
5. Basecamp: A web-based project management and collaboration tool that helps teams manage to-dos, files, messages, schedules, and milestones.
6. FreshBooks: Online invoicing, accounting and billing software that helps you track time and invoice your clients.
7. Hall: A real-time collaborative platform that acts as a private network for your team to share documents and post messages.
With the skyrocketing growth of flexible, virtual talent and affordable tools to help you manage them from anywhere, you no longer have an excuse for the “do-everything-myself” syndrome. So, shake it off, stop treading water in a sea of work and build a virtual team that will help you build your business.
Sandra Lewis is the Founder and CEO of Worldwide101, a virtual professional services company that provides administration and customer service for companies worldwide. Born and raised in France, Sandra has travelled extensively as a Project Manager to Asia, Australia, North America and various parts of both Eastern and Western Europe. Setting an example of the efficiencies gained working virtually; she “virtually” manages her entire team on four continents. Connect with Sandra on Twitter.
© YFS Magazine. All Rights Reserved. Copying prohibited. All material is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this material is prohibited. Sharing of this material under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International terms, listed here, is permitted.