Women-owned businesses are still on the fast track. Female empowerment pervades our every thought pattern as women entrepreneurs.
According to The 2016 State of Women-Owned Businesses Report, “it is estimated that there are now 11.3 million (11,313,900) women-owned businesses in the United States, employing nearly 9 million people (8,976,100) and generating over $1.6 trillion ($1,622,763,800,000) in revenues.”
The figures are inspiring, but there’s still work to do. So while you’re building your fempire keep these wise words in mind.
1. “I think the girl who is able to earn her own living and pay her own way should be as happy as anybody on Earth. The sense of independence and security is very sweet.” — Susan B. Anthony
2. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. And trust your instincts … good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don’t hurt. They’re not painful. That’s not just with somebody you want to marry, but it’s with the friends that you choose. It’s with the people you surround yourselves with.” — Michelle Obama
3. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” — Sara Blakely
5. “In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman.” — Margaret Thatcher
6. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” — Madeleine Albright
7. “Excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism.” — Oprah Winfrey
8. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” — Madonna
9. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” — Amelia Earhart
10. “I know for sure that what we dwell on is what we become.” — Oprah Winfrey
11. “The smartest thing I ever did was to hire my weakness.” — Sara Blakely
12. “It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine.” — Byron Katie
13. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” — Ingrid Bergman
14. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” — Judy Garland
15. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” — Ayn Rand
16. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” — Alice Walker
17. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
18. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” — Maya Angelou
19. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” — Diane Mariechild
20. “You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” — Rosalynn Carter
With all the above quotes, it’s impossible not to feel inspired as well as empowered, right? In any case, keep rising #girlboss!