A key step to growing your business and reaching new audiences is to keep an eye out for trends. Technological innovation is rapidly changing the way that businesses market themselves. If you aren’t able to quickly recognize and adapt to these changes, then you will ultimately set yourself up to fail.
Given that we are already a few months into the year, it’s necessary for every young entrepreneur to know several of the key digital marketing trends to watch this year.
1. Trend: Location
Location-based marketing is easily one the top trends of 2012, as proclaimed by numerous industry experts. With mobile devices and constant Google algorithm changes that are focused on a more personalized experience it is easy to see why.
Delivering high quality and relevant content to consumers should always be a top-priority in any marketing campaign. As mentioned with the huge increase in mobile device users over the past few years, delivering location-based content has become a much more important part of a business’s digital marketing strategy.
One of the biggest advantages to utilizing location-based advertising is that it can almost instantly increase your online marketing conversion rates when done properly. Consider the following tips to improve your location-based marketing efforts:
– Purchase domain names that are location-specific when possible
– Create a mobile version of your company’s website)
– Use Facebook Ads to demographically target your audience
– Create something that has pass-a-long value on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social networking/media websites
– Engage with your customers by way of services such as Foursquare or Gowalla
– Lay claim to your Google Places page if you haven’t already.
© YFS Magazine. All Rights Reserved. Copying prohibited. All material is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this material is prohibited. Sharing of this material under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International terms, listed here, is permitted.