6. “There is no gain without struggle.” (Tweet This)
Entrepreneurship is a struggle – and even on your best day in business you can be met with new opportunities, disguised as challenges or setbacks. But the gain of entrepreneurial living far outweighs the sacrifice.
7. “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” (Tweet This)
While Dr. King was speaking on diversity, this same thinking can be applied to business. We all come to the table with varying experiences, backgrounds and cultural differences. However, when it comes to a common goal we must meet it. As it pertains to our collective interest in the pursuit of our dreams, we are all entrepreneurs.
8. “There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him it is right…” (Tweet This)
If you are bent on playing it safe, taking the PC route, or being popular you’ll find it hard to gain traction in business. Great leaders are often led by their conscience. “Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” — Cecil Beaton
9. “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” (Tweet This)
In order to mold consensus you must develop your unique and authentic voice in the market – widely understood as your personal brand. Don’t just take part in conversations; be bold enough to lead them. If you don’t like what’s being said, change the conversation.
10. “If you can’t fly, run. If you can’t run, walk. If you can’t walk, crawl. But by all means, keep moving.” (Tweet This)
Keep moving. Learn how to maneuver the costly interruptions of life. Regardless of the measure at which you move, remain committed to forward thinking, forward growth and relentless execution.
Which quotes by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. inspire you? Let me know in the comments section below.
© YFS Magazine. All Rights Reserved. Copying prohibited. All material is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this material is prohibited. Sharing of this material under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International terms, listed here, is permitted.